- Club Info
- Junior Academy
Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club's mission is to provide programs for organized soccer in order to foster interest and participation to its members. We aim to develop the individual abilities of each soccer player along with their playing skills and the enjoyment of soccer as a whole.
UMSC's Club Mission, as stated in Constitution-Article 3-Club Objectives, is:
- To foster and promote the game of soccer by providing the opportunity for any person to play organized soccer at recreational and competitive levels while developing good character and sportsmanship.
- To engender respect for the laws of the game of soccer.
- To assist all participants in reaching their potential through the development of players, coaches, referees, and administrators.
- To foster a positive and rewarding soccer environment among volunteers, players, coaching staff, spectators and referees.
More about UMSC
UMSC is a volunteer run, non-profit community organization established in 1976 that administers and runs soccer programs for youth aged 3-18 and adults age 19+ in the Markham community. Some of the soccer programs currently offered by UMSC are as follows:
- Lil' Strikers Parent & Tot (U3)
- Lil' Strikers Active Start (U4 & U5)
- Lil' Strikers FUNdamentals (U6, U7, U8)
- Youth Outdoor House League (U9-U18)
- Youth Outdoor Select / All-Star Soccer Teams
- Youth Outdoor Competitive Soccer Teams
- High Five Special Needs Program
- Youth Select / All-Star Soccer Tournament
- Youth Competitive Soccer Tournament
- Youth Competitive Elite Academy
- Youth Outdoor Recreational Soccer Day
- Youth Indoor Recreational Soccer League
- Youth Indoor Competitive Soccer Leagues
- Youth Indoor Competitive Soccer Tournament
- Youth Indoor FUTSAL Leagues - Boys & Girls Rep
- Youth Soccer Skills Camps and Clinics
- Coaching Skills Development
- Referee Development
- UMSC Youth Ambassador Program
Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club continues to evolve yet remains focused as a community-based organization striving to have each participant experience the combination of discipline, ethics and teamwork. The Club elects a thirteen-member Board of Directors at its AGM and meets on a monthly basis to conduct Club business. For the past five years, UMSC has built a solid foundation of growth in the local area. We have elected an enthusiastic and experienced executive committee who will lead UMSC and the community into the next level of the sport.
Over the years, UMSC has seen, a tremendous increase in the membership and demand for soccer programs. This can be attributed to the excellent support the UMSC receives from volunteers and local businesses, as well as to the quality of the delivered programs. UMSC in turn has retained the services of professional technical staff and an office manager to assist with the increasing demand.
Within the 2011 soccer season, the total membership exceeded 3000 players (outdoor and indoor), 250 Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Team Managers, 75 Referees and approximately 350 dedicated volunteers in total.
Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club is a member of the Ontario Soccer Association through the York Region Soccer Association. Other products and companies referred to here in are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark holders.