Summer Youth Soccer Trainer – 2 Positions
Youth Soccer Trainer – 2 Positions
The Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club is looking to hire summer students for the role of Youth Soccer Trainer Certified and Non-Certified for a period of Eight (8) weeks, for 30 hours a week. The requirement will be to work week days and weekends if required. The start date is as soon as possible. The job will provide both field and office administration exposure of the club.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Learn and prepare lessons/skills as instructed by the Club Head Trainer.
- Pick up equipment and set up training playing fields, nets, cones, balls etc.
- Meet players, conduct warm up exercises, demonstrate and teach skills, teach safe play practices. Teach playing as a team member skills.
- At end of session rate session, clear up equipment and return to club.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- The job will provide on-the-job hands on experience in learning and providing training to participants in a variety of age groups and skill levels. It will provide opportunity for the students to learn from a professional with many years of experience.
- All trainers (students) will be supervised by the Ontario Soccer certified club Head Trainer or Technical Director and will be provided training manuals and instruction. Head Trainer will coach, guide and mentor, observe and ensure trainers are following best practices and teaching skills as expected.
- Document training sessions and assessments as required.
- Trainers (Students) will be provided the club Health and Safety Guide and mentored and guided by club Head Trainer to work in a safe manner.
- This will include ensuring soccer fields and facilities are free of obstacles and encumbrances, ensure all participants are wearing proper safety equipment such as shin pads and train in a safe manner to avoid injury.
- Students or graduates in sports management, sports coaching, kinesiology, physical fitness or similar courses will be given priority.
- Be between the age of 15 and 30 years of age
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Please apply if you meet the above qualifications..
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour