Lil’ Strikers FUNdamentals -
U6/7/8 Divisions for Children Born 2009, 2010 and 2011
Lil' Strikers FUNdamentals:
- Divisions are separate for boys and girls
- Sessions are guided by a certified/qualified staff trainer and parent volunteer coach
- Small team numbers so players get maximum touches
- No scores or standings are kept
- Runs from June - August
- 2 evenings per week for 1 hour (1 practice, 1 game)
- Boys' sessions are Mondays and Wednesday evenings
- Girls' sessions are Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Game duration is 30-45 minutes for U6/U7/U8
- U6 Players play 3 v 3 no GK with size 3 ball, maximum of 6 players for game day roster size.
- U7 Players play 4 v 4 no GK with size 3 ball, maximum of 8 players for game day roster size.
- U8 Players 5 v 5 with size 3 ball, maximum of 10 players for game day roster size.
- No throw-ins, pass in or dribble in when the ball goes out of bounds.
- Retreat line will start at the 1/2 way line.
- No trials necessary for these age groups, everyone is welcome with equal playing time in all positions.
- Small Sided Games will be facilitated by OSA Certified Game Leaders.
- OSA Recreational Matrix will be used for goal size and field size.
- Lil' Striker Trainers and Coaches are required to have a Fundamental, MED and RIS certification.
Lil' Strikers FUNdamentals Soccer Sessions are divided into 3 parts:
- Physical Literacy; repetition of movement to develop balance and motor skills
- Introduction to Soccer; establish a relationship between the ball and player
- Players learn basic rules of soccer through fun games
- Full uniform (jersey, soccer socks & soccer shorts)
- Participation award presented at the end of the season
- Digital Team Photo
- Soccer ball
If you are new to UMSC, set up the profile in your name (parent or guardian) and then add your child as a player. Once you do that you will see the Lil' Striker Soccer Development options for your child's age group.