- Club Info
- House League
- Outdoor House League
- Indoor House League
- High-5 All Abilities Team
UMSC Outdoor Youth House League Information
UMSC Outdoor Youth House League
Part of the recreational stream that provides a fun soccer environment with equal playing time for all players between the ages of 9 and 18.
Divisions U9-U18. For youth boys and girls born 2010-2001 (youth ages 9 - 18 in 2019):
- Divisions are separate for boys and girls
- Teams are coached and managed by parent volunteers. Please contact for volunteering opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All sessions are held at field locations throughout the City of Markham
- Sessions start at 7pm in June & July and start at 6:30pm in August
- Runs from June-September, team balancing begins Mid-May.
- Players play 2 days a week, 1 hour practice, 1 hour game (Monday - Thursday)
- U13+ divisions hold scores and standings
- Season is 16 weeks in length
- Maximum game duration is 50 minutes for U9/10
- Maximum game duration is 70 minutes for U11/12
- U9/10 Players play 7 v 7 including GK with size 4 ball (or 5 light), maximum of 12 players for game day roster size.
- U11/12 Players play 9 v 9 including GK with size 4 ball (or 5 light), maximum of 16 players for game day roster size.
- U9/10 pass in or dribble in; U11/12 throw in when ball goes out of bounds
- Retreat line will start at the 1/3 way line.
- U11/12 play with offsides
- No trials necessary for these age groups, everyone is welcome with equal playing time in all positions.
- Small Sided Games will be facilitated by OSA Certified Game Leaders.
- OSA Recreational Matrix will be used for goal size and field size.
- Trainers and Coaches are recommended to have Learning to Train, MED and RIS certification.
- Full uniforms (jersey, shorts and socks)
- Participation award or medallion at the end of season (excluding Interleague and YRSL)
- Team soccer ball
- Outdoor soccer shoes (cleats)
- Shin guards
Season Concludes on Soccer Day:
- Soccer Day is held on Sunday, September 9
- Your child will enjoy an end of season game or playoff games if they are U13+
- Players receive a participation award or medallion on Soccer Day
- U13+ have Cup Champions
- Mr. Sub sandwich and drink is provided to all registered players on Soccer Day
Volunteer coaches and managers are needed for all teams! Contact Keith for details: email@example.com
Follow UMSC on
Facebook at www.facebook.com/umscsoccer
Twitter at www.twitter.com/u_msc
Instagram at www.instagram.com/u_m_s_c
#UMSC is proud to be the City of Markham's Soccer Experts
- Learn to Train Curriculum Vol 1.
- Learn to Train Curriculum Vol 2.
- Learn to Train Weekly Sessions
- Recreational Matrix - Outdoor
- Development Matrix - Outdoor
- Game Organization Guide
- Field Organization Guide
- Festival Guide
- Retreat Line
- Inclusive Programming Webinar
- Player Development
- Creating the confident comfortable player
- Creating a Culture of Engagement Instead of Specialization
- 4 Corner Holistic Development
- Recreational and Development Matrix Webinar
- Playing with an Older Group Process