- Club Info
- Junior Academy
UMSC Girls Competitive Program
UMSC is a premier soccer development club based in Markham, Ontario. Our Competitive Program is one of the largest and highest ranked in Ontario. Our teams compete at the highest levels and we recently were one of 19 clubs in all of Ontario to be selected to be part of the OPDL - Ontario Player Development League.
The UMSC Girls Competitive Program has its own dedicated girls only Club Head Coach and Technical Director, Paul Omoghan. Mr. Omoghan is a very accomplished player and educator and holds a CSA - A License, the highest soccer license you can receive.
Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club can have a maximum of 32 spots in its Grassroots Program (U8-U12) in each age group and gender.
Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club will invite 16 players to attend based on skill level and performance, the other 16 spots will be left open to registration on a first come first served basis. All of these players will train together in order to allow all players equal opportunity for success. These players will in turn be treated as a pool of players all activities with an age group appropriately licensed Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club will enter team(s) into the York Region Soccer League based on the total roster size, the Technical Director will determine the level of play based on the total skill level of the pool. Unionville-Milliken Soccer Club does not have use fixed gameday rosters as all players will be moved from team to team to allow for an equal opportunity for development and success.
Our player focused approach begins at our Lil’ Strikers where players are identified to move to our competitive program. All of our rep teams practice 3 times per week with 1 game and our competitive teams hold open tryouts twice a year in the September/October and in February. Teams practice year round and work with our very talented and knowledgeable technical staff. All competitive practice sessions include physical literacy, main session, small sided game and cool down.
All of our competitive teams are knows as “The Strikers” and our official club colours are Red, White and Black.
As a part of the YRSL (York Region Soccer League), there will be a maximum of 20 competition games per season; this is inclusive of exhibition games, festivals, and tournaments. On average, there will be 2, 45-70 minute practices: for every 1 game. UMSC technical staff and coaches must adhere to the OSA Development Matrix.
All UMSC competitive technical staff and coaches must have the age appropriate OSA coaching certificates, MED and RIS as outlined in the in the OSA Development Matrix. U8-U12 is a development age, all players must have equal playing time.
- The duration of the games will be 40 minutes
- There will be 1 memorable events per season - taking the form of an away tournament, exhibition game or other like-festivals (in Ontario only)
- On Game Day, there is a maximum of 10 players allowed on the roster
- The field will be between 25-30 metres wide and 30-36 metres long
- The goal size will be no larger than 5 feet (1.52m) by 8 feet (2.44m)
- For U9/U10 - there will be 2 memorable events per season - taking the form of an away tournament, exhibition game or other like-festivals (in Ontario only)
- For U9/U10: On Game Day, there are ideally 9 players on the roster with a maximum of 12 players allowed on the roster
- The field will be between 30-36 metres wide and 40-55 metres long
- The goal size will be no larger than 6 feet (1.83m) by 16 feet (4.88m)
- For U11/U12 - there will 4 memorable event per season - taking the form of an away tournament, exhibition game or other like-festivals (2 in Ontario + 2 in Canada or the USA)
- For U11/U12: On Game Days, there are ideally 12 players on the roster with a maximum of 16
- The field will be between 42-55 metres wide and 60-75 metres long
- The goal size will be no larger than 6 feet (1.83m) by 18 feet (5.49m)
The UMSC Girls Competitive Program also provides:
- Rep Academy - Indoor & Outdoor ages U8 -
The Club runs on-going Trials for this age group. All players can join at anytime.
- Elite Academy - Indoor & Outdoor
- Futsal League - Indoor
- Indoor Dome Training at UMSC's Milliken Soccer Dome
- Ontario Player Development League (OPDL)
- Central Girls Soccer League (CGSL)
- Ontario Youth Soccer League (OYSL)
- Ontario Women Soccer League (OWSL)
- York Region Soccer League (YRSL)
Competitive Girls Outdoor/Indoor Team Open Development Sessions:
The club runs two open development sessions each year: February (for Outdoor season), and September (for Indoor season).
There is no charge to attend a competitive team development session however, all player must pre-register here.
If you have any additional questions regarding UMSC's Girls Competitive Program, please contact Paul Omoghan, UMSC's Girls Club Head Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-657-0445
- Learn to Train Curriculum Vol 1.
- Learn to Train Curriculum Vol 2.
- Learn to Train Weekly Sessions
- Recreational Matrix - Outdoor
- Development Matrix - Outdoor
- Game Organization Guide
- Field Organization Guide
- Festival Organization Guide
- Retreat Line
- Inclusive Programming Webinar
- Player Development
- Creating the confident comfortable player
- Creating a Culture of Engagement Instead of Specialization
- 4 Corner Holistic Development
- Recreational and Development Matrix Webinar
- Playing with an Older Group Process
UMSC is proud to provide a complete elite pathway for our athletes.